SHP provides full management and oversight to Independent Physician Association (IPAs) clients of all types, including but not limited to:
- Statewide IPAs
- Regional IPAs
- City-Specific IPAs
- Multi-Specialty Groups
IPAs function as an extension of each individual member’s office and in pursuit of that service, SHP manages the provision of managed care contracting, practice enhancements and education for our IPA clients.
Managed Care Contracting
- National, statewide and direct network contracts, including both commercial and governmental payors
- Managed Care Market Analysis for IPA Service Areas
- Contract Language Review
- Delegated Credentialing-IPA credentials once on behalf of all managed care contracts
- Development and management of purchasing programs that demonstrate savings for Independent Physician Association, (IPA) members, including but not limited to malpractice insurance, clinical supplies, office supplies and reference laboratory services
- SHP believes that in today’s rapidly evolving healthcare market, our provision of accurate and unbiased updates about healthcare legislation and market trends to our IPA clients is an invaluable service in maintaining viable healthcare practices.
In support of these services, SHP also provides critical support to each IPA member practice, including individual practice fee analysis, claims research and resolution, network meetings and educational in-services.
SHP additionally works with the designated legal counsel of our IPA clients to ensure that all activities meet regulatory guidelines, including those of the FTC.